The Lottery World War One Commemorations, Environment and Heritage (LWEH) application round is now open until mid-February 2015.
The Committee is interested in receiving applications on WWI commemorations including community events, activities and capital projects associated with commemorating the centenary of WWI.
- Are you a community group, society, charity or trust seeking funding for a WWI commemoration project?
- Is your project for a community purpose of a public nature?
- Does your project preserve aspects of New Zealand’s heritage associated with WWI?
- Does your project enable New Zealanders to gain a better understanding of how WWI impacted on society by telling and preserving stories about New Zealanders’ war experiences at home and abroad?
- Does your project encourage diversity of participation by communities in WWI commemoration projects, events or activities?
- Does your project provide a living legacy of the war’s impacts and ongoing significance, so current and future generations are more informed?
If you answered yes to any of the above, go to the LWEH website for more information and the detailed funding criteria, or call 0800 824 824 and ask to talk to a LWEH advisor.
Lotteries encourages communities/organisations to develop innovative projects that commemorate the centenary of WWI and give insight into the contribution New Zealand communities made during and immediately after the Great War.